Thursday, May 7, 2009

Life Just Gets More Fun!

,



Life with Owen gets more fun each and every day. He smiles all the time and talks in his own little language constantly. New sounds and pitches come out of his mouth daily. He still loves his bath time and for some reason talks non-stop as soon as we take him out and put him in his towel. I think he likes the freedom of no diaper and no clothing. :) He is moving on to 3-6 month clothing and seems to be getting bigger by the day.

With the warmer weather we have been having, Owen has gotten to go on his share of runs with the jogging stroller. One of the best parts about running for me is getting to listen to music on my ipod. I love running, but I love music even more. My favorite thing is to download a new cd and head out for a run to discover what the music will gift to my listening ears. I lose all track of time and sort of forget I am even pounding my feet on the pavement. As I thought about this, I realized life with Owen is much like going out for one of my favorite runs. When I go into his room every morning he looks up at me and smiles. I smile back and realize that the day ahead is like a new song being unfolded in front of me. I am not sure what it will sound like but I know Owen will do new things and I will get to discover more of his sweet personality. I may love music, but oh little Owen how I love you so much more...........your song is sweeter than any I have ever heard before.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

aw what a great post!!!! i was just thinking of you this morning (i'm not just saying that) because i'm coming out at the beg of june for workshops and i was fantasizing about going to rachel's crepes with you! game?

Patti McHugh said...

Sweet....thanks for the latest update..I was having withdrawal....love you guys!
Grandma Mac

Bethany said...

So excited for a new post!! Owen gets cuter and cuter every day! We can't wait to see his smiles in two weeks. Kelly sends a big drooly hello to Owen.
Tim, Bethany, and Kelly Thomas