Monday, May 11, 2009



Dear Owen,
Yesterday was my first Mothers Day as your Mom. I got pampered and celebrated all day. As I reflected on the day I recognized that without you there would be no celebration and pampering for me. You have filled my life with more joy than you know. I love being your mom and getting to spend every day with you. In the morning you always wake up with a pleasant spirit and just lay in your crib making adorable noises. When I come in to your room to pick you up you get the biggest smile on your face. What an awesome way to start my day! Your smile melts my heart. All it takes is one look from us and you get a huge grin across your face. You have had some issues with allergies and reflux and yet you have still managed to have a peaceful and happy demeanor. I know when I don't feel good I am not half as cheerful as you have been! I enjoy watching you discover new things like your hands and feet. You are not one to really suck on a pacifier but you seem to love sucking on your hands. Daddy seems to think you will be right handed because you seem to suck on that hand more than your left hand. We will have to wait and see if he is right. No real words come out of your mouth yet but you seem to have plenty to say to us. You babble and coo more and more each day. You and I have daily conversations where no audible words are spoken but they are some of the best conversations I have ever had.

Being your mom has already shown me how often I fall short and how imperfect I am. I have been praying that God helps me to walk in todays grace instead of living in yesterdays mistakes. You are a forgiving little guy and never seem to notice when I am in a bad mood or when I don't do things right. In spite of my many shortcomings I pray that you would grow up to know that you are loved by a God who formed every part of your being in perfect fashion. He loves you more than I ever could and I hope that through my love you are able to catch more of a glimpse of God's great love. I am so excited to walk through life with you. I dream of all the things you will get to do with daddy and I. We will surely take trips to the park, sing silly songs and dance around the house. You are a joy to me and you will always be a sign to me that God is faithful and he answers our prayers. I love you Owen. Thank you for making my first mothers day and my life such a wonderful experience.

Love,
Your Mom

No comments: