Thursday, February 4, 2010

O's Cake

You might have read my previous post about my new adventures in cake baking. I have embarked on a quest to perfect my cake baking skills and my sons first birthday proved as a lovely opportunity to practice. I think I still have much to learn about cake decorating but thanks to my friend, Mary Grace, I attempted to make the cake into the shape of the head of a teddy bear. Mary Graces youngest son was born on the same day as O, just a year earlier. She made her son a Lightning McQueen cake that could have seriously been sold in an expensive bakery. She has major skills. O was a good subject to practice on because I think he would have liked just about any cake we would have put in front of him. Below are the pictures of how it turned out. It is probably at the amateur level as far as birthday cakes go but I had fun doing it. My next adventure is to try to make the perfect chocolate chip cookie. Stay tuned......




1 comment:

patrose said...

Brynne, You did a great job on the cake!!! Looks professional, and yummy too!!!!