Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Stolen My Heart.....

For 9.5 months I carried this little guy around and wondered what it would be like to meet my son for the first time. I wondered if I would instantly love him. I wondered how I would do with labor and little sleep afterwards. All it took was one look, one look and I knew my life would never be the same. His sweet little face melted my heart and I knew I would do anything for him. I love Brian immensely, even more after this experience, but I love Owen in a way that surpasses anything I have ever felt. I can't stop staring at him. Can't stop thinking about him. Can't stop talking about him. I have hopelessly fallen head over heels in love with my son. I am overwhelmed with the gift and blessing that Owen is. More than ever before I have seen God in action. I believe that he is real and my son is living proof of that. This has been the most amazing adventure of our lives thus far.
We are having so much fun getting to know him. This week he has started eating better and is awake for long stretches throughout the day. Last week Grammy Deb stayed with us and was SO helpful. She cooked for us and was an expert at keeping Owen comfortable and calm. Over the weekend we were visited by Pap-pap Colabrese, Uncle Chris, Aunt Kate, Aunt Megan, and Grandma McHugh. Pap-Pap was in heaven as he watched the Steelers win the Superbowl with his grandson by his side. Grandma McHugh has been here this week and has been a huge blessing. She has cooked and done laundry and done a great job loving on Owen. I think we will be seeing a lot of Owen's grandparents over the next few months. :) Owen is one well-loved little boy!

No comments: