Sunday, March 27, 2011

30 is the best yet! :)

I am sitting here writing this blog post at 1:34am as I time out contractions that I have been having for the past 3 hours. They are still only 8-10 minutes apart but I am praying that they start to come closer together. I am ready to meet my little girl! :)
This month I turned the big 3-0. It sounds so weird to say I am 30. I know 30 really isn't that old but I feel like the 20's flew by. Before I know it I will be 40! This birthday really was one of the best I have ever had. Brian surprised me with a night away at a hotel in downtown Lancaster. It was sooo fun and perfectly planned by my awesome hubby. My family stayed with Owen and then we all went out to dinner together the next day. My dad and sister came the day before my birthday and made me a steak dinner and I went out on a dinner date with Bri on my actual birthday. I felt like the celebration just kept going. So many people sent me nice cards and gifts and I just felt so blessed and loved!
I feel like this past year was a growing year for me where God just continued to show me that he loved me beyond measure. In the past I had really struggled to accept God's love and also struggled to accept the love of people. God has continued to chase after my heart and this year I really was able to receive his love and all the blessings he gave me through the people around me. I am so thankful that we serve a faithful God that never stops chasing after our hearts.
Now here I sit waiting for my precious baby girl to be born. Hopefully it is today, but we shall have to wait and see. :) I can't wait to hold her and see her sweet face. I feel blessed beyond measure to have the chance to raise a little boy and a little girl. This baby girl hasn't even come into this world yet and she is already loved so much by so many people. I think my dad has called 5 times in the past 24 hours to see if I was in labor. This little girl already has him wrapped around her finger! :) Stay tuned for pictures of this sweetie.
Here is to 30 being the best year yet!!!




P.S. This is the best chocolate cake from Costco!! Also, Owen LOVES to sing happy birthday to himself and I think he thought this cake and song was for all for him. :)

2 comments:

Patti McHugh said...

You are VERY blessed!!! Love you dearly.....may you continue to be blessed through this new decade!! Waiting and praying for this next chapter of your life that's about to begin....the arrival of the newest baby mccutie!! God bless! :)

Beth and Tanner said...

So excited that little Raegan has arrived Can't wait to see you guys again! And Owen looks a lot like Brian from the side!