Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Heartbeat..............

Today we had our 14 week appointment. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat for a second time. It is one of the coolest sounds in the world. Yesterday I was feeling pretty sick and wondering if I would ever feel better. This morning as I heard the heart beating inside of me it was such a gift and good reminder that this is all worth it. It was like our baby was saying "hello, I'm in here!". Hearing that little noise just makes this all seem more real and exciting.

We scheduled our 20 week ultrasound for September 22. Just 6 more weeks and we get to find out what we are having! Stay tuned for more pics in the next few weeks..........

3 comments:

Pat Colabrese said...

Wow!!! You two are truly blessed! Hang in there Brynne, it WILL get less nauseous!

As for me, I'm 'old school' I guess. There are truly few surprises left in this world, and the sex of a child HAS TO BE THE GREATEST! I was wrong on all three of ours! What a treat!

Guess I can only check in for the next five weeks!

Love,
Uncle PJ

Deb said...

I love the blog thing! It is fun for us in the 'burgh to participate in your journey and see your progress, but are restricted by the numerous miles between our homes.

We can only imagine a time when the element of surprise was the only option in learning the sex of our children! I encourage you to follow your hearts about this issue. Just remember to keep the secret from those who still want to be surprised (I know this may come as a surprise...but that's me!).
Much love to you both and the miracle within,
XXOO
Deb

Melissa said...

you're a turd burglar for not telling me the second you set up a blog! but i know now ... so all is right in the world.